The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons that started in April 1994.
The Humsafar Trust (HST), an MSM Community Based Organization (CBO) based in Mumbai, is selected through a competitive process as a lead agency for LINKAGES India for Mumbai and Pune districts of Maharashtra. The agency will provide technical assistance (TA) to 25 TI NGOs working with 18,600 MSM, TG and PWIDs. These include 11 TIs in Mumbai providing services, while in Pune 3 TIs provide services and 11 TI in thane district of core composite TI working with both MSM ,TGs and PWID. HST will work closely with FHI 360 LINKAGES team and the local stakeholders including Maharashtra State AIDS Control Society (MSACS), Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS), TSU and the district authorities to help achieve the project goals. We at The Humsafar Trust, are looking for eligible candidates for the position of Technical Coordinators under Linkages FHI 360.
Technical Coordinators (Full time)
Position – 1 (Thane District)
- Graduation from any faculty
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of the MSM, TGs epidemic and interventions.
- Good Knowledge about Power point presentation.
- Experience in conducting training with community members
- Fluency in English, Hindi and Marathi spoken and written both.
- Good networking and team work skills.
- On-site training will be organized by Technical Coordinators with support from other lead agency staff/consultants
- Facilitate and build systems to strengthen coordination between TI NGOs and ICTC/ART/TB centers for ensuring quality services and follow up of referred KPs
- Facilitate linkages and meetings between the CBOs and local PLHIV network to ensure that HIV positive KPs have access to state/district entitlements and other facilities.
- Support CBOs to address violence against KPs through advocacy with police, gatekeepers and strengthen the rapid response system to quickly respond to an act of violence or harassment faced by a community member.
- Support all the TI NGOS to conduct regular revalidation exercises to update the size of KPs in their respective areas with support from LINKAGES M&E and Technical staff.
- Ensure regular reporting from TI NGOs to LINKAGES. Develop a plan to document innovations used for the project and case studies
Please drop down your CV’s at email@example.com on or before 10th Nov 2017.