Clinic Coordinator, Guwahati, Assam
The Humsafar Trust,
The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-Identified homosexual mem, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons that stared in April 1994. We at The Humsafar Trust, are looking for eligible candidates for the position of Clinic Coordinator, Guwahati, Assam
The Humsafar trust has been awarded CULVER MAX ENTERTAINMENT PRIVATE LIMITED (erstwhile known as SONY PICTURES NETWORKS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED). This Project aims to provide holistic HIV related (prevention and treatment) services to, LGB (Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual (LGB) communities and transgender/hijra women in three states (Maharashtra, Delhi and Assam) across 4 Integrated HIV clinics (Mumbai, Nagpur, Delhi, Guwahati). It also aims to strengthen existing HIV Integrated Clinic which offers holistic services (HIV/STI clinic, mental health and, nutrition counselling and legal Aid support at the HUB, continuum of care and support services for People living with HIV AIDS. The project will also aim to build capacities of clinic staff that will strengthen their work and improve the efficiency of staff for providing quality care services to the communities. It is anticipated that success of this initiative will help us inform the National Program of India about the need to incorporate community-based holistic care and support to address gaps that exist in service delivery for LGB and TG/ Hijra communities and living with HIV in India. The Project will be implemented in partnership with HST’s community partners in the state.
- Facilitate inflow of clients at the clinic and other referral centres.
- Assist clients access services from the counsellor, doctor and Lab technician.
- Help clients be comfortable in public health systems and avoid procedural delays.
- Maintain basic records at entry point of number of clients attending the clinic.
- Help clients access services of other OPDs as referred by the doctor/s.
- Help clients with follow-up services at the clinic and other referral centers.
- Assist clients access services of Community Care Centers and hospitals.
- Discuss client problems with the Programme Manager/Supervisor In charge for follow-up by team.
- Submit monthly reports to the Programme Manager/Supervisor.
- Clinic Coordinator works with the agency/project Manager to plan, implement the project activities and achieve the project targets.
- Be responsible for implementation of activities on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators. Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas. Check data quality with partners.
- Ensure the effective management of the budget assigned to project activities in India.
- He will be responsible to visit cruising hotspot to reaching out unreached MSM and Transgenders community.
- Support the development of innovative strategies and approaches; to reaching out at risk population.
- Accompany with clients at referral centre if required
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Display a clear commitment to community work
- Knowledge of minimum two languages are preferred
- Communication skills with the community and staff should be high
- A minimum education up to XIIth standard is preferable.
- Experience of working with the community and relevant field is added incentive
This position is a full-time position and require (8 hours x 5 days every week) to the organization. This position will report to Director – Programs
Compensation package will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 October 2022. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail. Mention your current pay details in the covering note.
Please note that we will not be able to notify all applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be notified about the interview date.