Position Open: Community Counsellor
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Last date to apply:October 09,2023
The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-Identified homosexual mem, MSM (Men who have Sex with Men), Hijras and LBT persons that stared in April 1994. We at The Humsafar Trust, are looking for eligible candidates for the position of Clinic Coordinator, Guwahati, Assam
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded CULVER MAX ENTERTAINMENT PRIVATE LIMITED (erstwhile known as SONY PICTURES NETWORKS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED) grant. This Project aims to provide holistic HIV-related (prevention and treatment) services to, LGB (Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual) communities and transgender/hijra women in three states (Maharashtra, Delhi, and Assam) across 4 Integrated HIV clinics (Mumbai, Nagpur, Delhi, Guwahati). It also aims to strengthen the existing HIV Integrated Clinic which offers holistic services (HIV/STI clinic, mental health and, nutrition counseling, and legal Aid support at the HUB, continuum of care, and support services for People living with HIV AIDS. The project will also aim to build cities of clinic staff that will strengthen their work and improve the efficiency of staff for providing quality care services to the communities. It is anticipated that success of this initiative will help us inform the National Program of India about the need to incorporate community-based holistic care and support to address gaps that exist in service delivery for LGB and TG/ Hijra communities and living with HIV in India. The Project will be implemented in partnership with HST’s community partners in the state.
• Provide pre and post HIV/STI, ART (Anti-Retroviral Therapy), Helpline PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis) & PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) counselling.
• TB screening of clients.
• Provide mental health counselling to the communities.
• Provide Pre-test and Post-test counselling for people visiting the clinic.
• Finalize reports of projects for respective SACS.
• Finalize reports of the clinic with support from Lab Technician.
• Attend SACS meetings with Lab Technician.
• Conduct monthly meetings with Project Manager/Director.
• Coordinate meetings with doctors if necessary.
• Conducting outreach on social media.
• Risk Assessment/reduction of clients.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• Display a clear professional commitment to the community.
• Knowledge of more than one language is preferred.
• Communication skills with the community and staff should be excellent.
• A minimum education with a master’s degree in social work / clinical psychology from a recognized university is required.
• Experience of working with the community is an added advantage.
This position is a full-time position.
• Compensation package will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to email@example.com ,please indicate the title and location of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail. Mention your current pay details in the covering note.
• Please note that we will not be able to notify all applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be notified about the interview date.