Community Mobilizer, Guwahati, Assam
Scope of Work
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded CULVER MAX ENTERTAINMENT PRIVATE LIMITED (erstwhile known as SONY PICTURES NETWORKS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED). This Project aims to provide holistic HIV related (prevention and treatment) services to, LGB (Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual (LGB) communities and transgender/hijra women in three states (Maharashtra, Delhi and Assam) across 4 Integrated HIV clinics (Mumbai, Nagpur, Delhi, Guwahati). It also aims to strengthen existing HIV Integrated Clinic which offers holistic services (HIV/STI clinic, mental health and, nutrition counselling and legal Aid support at the HUB, continuum of care and support services for People living with HIV AIDS. The project will also aim to build capacities of clinic staff that will strengthen their work and improve the efficiency of staff for providing quality care services to the communities. It is anticipated that success of this initiative will help us inform the National Program of India about the need to incorporate community-based holistic care and support to address gaps that exist in service delivery for LGB and TG/ Hijra communities and living with HIV in India. The Project will be implemented in partnership with HST’s community partners in the state.
- Provide counseling services for HIV/STI (pre-test and post-test) through the HST clinic and the referral centers
- Referrals to mental health specialist, nutritionist and Sanjeevani (support group of MSM, Hijra and Tg living with HIV)
- Community care centers and other hospices;
- Visit the SSC center at ICTC as and when needed;
- Prepare monthly reports to be given to counseling coordinator
- Attend monthly meetings of counselors
- Undertake training programs on counselor issues; and
- Offer counseling on sexuality and other related issues to clients.
- Weekly visits to Govt. referral center for the ICTC records updating
- Follow up with KP and ORW for Post Test if pending
- Helping hand to PLHIV support group.
- Site visit for onsite counseling other than HIV/STI
- Help community counselor in managing other counseling issues
- Documentation of all counseling records and updating them when necessary
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Display a clear commitment to the community work.
- Knowledge of more than one language is preferred
- Communication skills with the community and staff should be excellent.
- Experience of working with the community is added incentive
This position is a full-time position and require (8 hours x 5 days every week) to the organization. This position will report to Director – Programs
Compensation package will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to email@example.com before 14th October 2022. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail. Mention your current pay details in the covering note.
Please note that we will not be able to notify all applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be notified about the interview date.