Position Title: Community Mobilizer
Duration of the contract: 6 Months
Reports to: Advocacy Officer
Last Date to Apply: October 16,2023
Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras, and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and the Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organizes advocacy workshops for health care providers, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, and student community to sensitize them on Gay, MSM, and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded a Global Fund Project as a sub-recipient(SR) to PLAN India to build a strong, sustainable, and resilient mechanism to address the needs of the key population through a community response. The proposed project focuses on creating an enabling environment by addressing structural barriers including stigma and discrimination that affect access to HIV related services and social entitlements. The project would be implemented in hard-to-reach areas and would target the unreached population. Through this project, we also aim to provide access to HIV related services, and social protection services and link them with skill development opportunities to unreached FSW, MSM, and TG populations through a people-centered, community-specific HIV-SRH service delivery model in the intervention districts.
Azaad Titliyan is a grassroots collective with a powerful vision: to create a society that is free from the shackles of stigma and discrimination, particularly for marginalized women and transwomen. This collective passionately advocates for the acknowledgment of sex work as a legitimate occupation and strives to protect the dignity of those involved. Azaad Titliyan operates on a national scale in India, diligently working to secure the civil and human rights of individuals engaged in sex work, regardless of whether it’s in traditional or virtual forms.
Azaad Titliyan will be working with The Humsafar Trust as a collective of prospective CBO’s that works for women who are into sex work and this is the target population under this Project’s objectives.
- Identification of vulnerable households and verification of the household details, the socio- economic profile, including information given for enrollment to schemes.
- Support to the Community and managing the Meetings/Trainings etc.
- Engage regularly with community, build social awareness, and motivate the community to join various programs meant for their development, and help them in better access.
- Reports to the Project Coordinator on a day-to-day basis.
- Counselling of mobilizing the community people and community volunteers, groups and their target community.
- Verification of documents submitted by beneficiaries.
- Reporting, documentation and report to Coordinator.
- To ensure good coordination with the team members.
- To ensure timely submission of records and reports for data analysis and governance.
- Report writing and documentation (qualitative inputs)
- To ensure good coordination with the team members as well as community peoples and entire preferred stakeholders of the project.
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Discipline with minimum 1 year experience in Community Mobilization.
- Knowledge of more than two languages is preferred.
- Communication skills with the community and staff should be excellent.
- Ability to penetrate the community networks should be high.
- Confident of one’s sexuality and courage to work in tough and challenging work environments.
We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with market rate.
The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary:
- Experience of the candidate
- Educational qualifications and people management skills
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter with current and expected salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the specific position in the email subject line.