Relevant Sectors:Monitoring and Evaluation,HIV/AIDS
1. POSITION(S) VACANT:Consultant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, The Humsafar Trust, Mumbai
2. BACKGROUND: Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
HST has been sub awarded by PATH, who is leading a consortium of partners implementing activities to advance an enabling environment for HIV self-testing (HIVST) under the STAR Initiative funded by UNITAID through Population Services International (PSI). The introduction of HIV self-testing to India can help increase access to HIV testing due to the convenience and confidentiality that it offers. HST will work to implement a range of service delivery models utilizing HIVST kits provided by the project, resulting in an increased linkage to care, treatment, and prevention services for population groups and geographical pockets with high HIV vulnerability that are yet unreached by National AIDS Control Program (NACP); by working closely with National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and respective State AIDS Control Society (SACS). For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit: https://www.humsafar.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall data management, analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of electronic data collection, management and data analysis software
- Capacity building of field staff and provide required support in data entry
- Develop mechanism and conduct data quality assessment
- Identify data collection gaps and ensure course correction
- Technical support to study team
- Closely work with State Programme Officer and Programme Manager in planning and projectimplementation
- Coordinate with the study sites and responsible for maintaining data confidentiality
- Assist the ProgrammeManager in organizing training for the field team on study protocol
- Co-facilitate and actively participate in training workshops
- Preparation/submission of study-specific monthly progress report in compliance with the reporting formats and guidelines of donor agencies
- Participate in monthly research meeting and submission of monthly and weekly progress report to Project Director
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualification:Postgraduate in any discipline (preferably in Populations Studies, Public Health, Statistics)
Experience:At least 1-3 years of experiences in handing large scale data
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong Data Analysis Skillsand attention to detail
- Proficient in SPSS, STATA
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and Hindi
- Basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- Strong commitment to the key populations affected by the epidemic. The key population we work with include People Living with HIV (PLHIV), Men who have sex with men (MSM), transgenders, hijras, female sex workers (FSWs), and people who inject drugs (PWID)
- Clarity on the responsibility and commitment towards community or key populations
5. PROJECT DURATION AND TIME INVOLVEMENT
The time involvement on projects is 100 percent (8 hours x 5 days every week). The Consultant- M&E Officer will report to the ProgrammeManager
The duration of the project will be from January toMarch 2022. The contract will be extended based on funding availability.
7: COMPENSATION OFFERED:
We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with market rate.
The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary:
Experience of the candidate
Educational qualifications and people management skills
8. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the specific position in the email subject lineby 10th February 2022.