Relevant Sectors: Administration, Project Management, HIV/AIDS
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Consultant Projectofficer for Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, The Humsafar Trust.
2. BACKGROUND: Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
HST has been sub awarded by PATH, who is leading a consortium of partners implementing activities to advance an enabling environment for HIV self-testing (HIVST) under the STAR Initiative funded by UNITAID through Population Services International (PSI). The introduction of HIV self-testing to India can help increase access to HIV testing due to the convenience and confidentiality that it offers. HST will work to implement a range of service delivery models utilizing HIVST kits provided by the project, resulting in an increased linkage to care, treatment, and prevention services for population groups and geographical pockets with high HIV vulnerability that are yet unreached by National AIDS Control Program (NACP); by working closely with National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and respective State AIDS Control Society (SACS). For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit: https://www.humsafar.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall management of all State -related activities including supporting the project team and closely work with state AIDS control society
- Capacity building of site team through hybrid model.
- Technical support to study team on study protocol.
- Coordinating with state AIDS control society and update them on the project related activity on regular basis.
- Assist the Programme Manager/ Project Director in devising project implementation plan
- Coordinate with the study sites and responsible for keeping up with the timelines.
- Responsible for identification and recruitment of the study team and other project personnel, as required.
- Responsible for formation of district level community monitoring board and organise their meetings as per the project mandate.
- Responsible to organise State Oversight committee meetings as per project requirement.
- Strategies to reach the project targets.
- Management of adequate supply of HIV self-testing kits at the sites.
- Ensure that the project is being implemented as per the research protocol.
- Co-facilitate and actively participate in training workshops.
- Contribute in preparation of study-specific monthly progress to be submitted to the funding agency.
- Participate in monthly research meeting and submission of monthly progress report to Project Director.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualification:Postgraduate in any discipline.
Experience:At least 5 years’ relevant management experience in an NGO or comparable setting
Position Located – Bhopal
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong Program Management Skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel, primarily within the state
- Fluent in English and Hindi
- Strong commitment to the key populations affected by the epidemic. The key population we work with include People Living with HIV (PLHIV), Men who have sex with men (MSM), transgenders, hijras, female sex workers (FSWs), and people who inject drugs (PWID)
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining strong and effective relations with donors and governmentfunctionaries.
5. PROJECT DURATION AND TIME INVOLVEMENT
The time involvement on projects is 100 percent (8 hours x 5 days every week). The Consultant- Project Officer will report to the Project Manager.
The duration of the project will be from January to 31st March 2022. The contract may be extended based on funding availability.
6: LOCATION:Bhopal, MP
7: COMPENSATION OFFERED:
We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with market rate.
The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary:
Experience of the candidate
Educational qualifications and people management skills
8. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the specific position in the email subject line by 20th January 2022.