Duration: Up to March 2024
Reports to: Project Officer, West Region
Last Date to apply: 12th September, 2022
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Counsellor, The Humsafar Trust, Mumbai
2. BACKGROUND: Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded the Sub recipient of the Global fund Project, “Reaching the Missing Million – A virtual approach”. This project aims to fast-track national HIV response to reach first 95 targets, by reaching key populations (high risk groups, at risk adolescents and youth, men, and women with high-risk behaviors) through virtual platforms. It also focuses on community systems strengthening, focusing on the health and human rights of key populations. For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit: https://www.humsafar.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide online and offline mental health counselling to the Key population
- Provide telephonic counselling to clients who have been tested via Project.
- Follow up with clients and share appropriate referrals.
- Be part of fortnightly meeting with Director and Programme Manager.
- Building capacities of the virtual navigators.
- Writing case studies of clients and maintaining client-counsellor confidentiality.
- Working with communication and programme team for developing innovative messages
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Preferably graduate in social work / clinical psychology from a recognized university or with adequate experience in the field of community counselling.
- A minimum of three years of experience of working in relevant field is necessary. Experience of working with the community is added incentive.
- Display a clear commitment to the community work.
- Knowledge of more than one language is preferred.
- Communication skills with the community and staff should be excellent.
5: LOCATION: Mumbai
6: COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Compensation: Remuneration fee will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary:
- Experience of the candidate
- Educational qualifications and people management skills
7. APPLICATION PROCEDURE & DEADLINE:
Eligible candidates interested in the above-mentioned position are requested to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter, including the names of two references (preferably one should be a current or previous employer), as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to email@example.com, mentioning the ‘Counsellor-West Region’ position in the email subject line by 12th September 2022.