Position Title: Finance Officer
Duration of the contract: 6 Months
Reports to: Finance Manager
Last Date to Apply: October 16,2023
Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras, and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and the Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organizes advocacy workshops for health care providers, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, and student community to sensitize them on Gay, MSM, and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded a Global Fund Project as a sub-recipient(SR) to PLAN India to build a strong, sustainable, and resilient mechanism to address the needs of the key population through a community response. The proposed project focuses on creating an enabling environment by addressing structural barriers including stigma and discrimination that affect access to HIV related services and social entitlements. The project would be implemented in hard-to-reach areas and would target the unreached population. Through this project, we also aim to provide access to HIV related services, and social protection services and link them with skill development opportunities to unreached FSW, MSM, and TG populations through a people-centered, community-specific HIV-SRH service delivery model in the intervention districts.
Azaad Titliyan is a grassroots collective with a powerful vision: to create a society that is free from the shackles of stigma and discrimination, particularly for marginalized women and transwomen. This collective passionately advocates for the acknowledgment of sex work as a legitimate occupation and strives to protect the dignity of those involved. Azaad Titliyan operates on a national scale in India, diligently working to secure the civil and human rights of individuals engaged in sex work, regardless of whether it’s in traditional or virtual forms.
Azaad Titliyan will be working with The Humsafar Trust as a collective of prospective CBO’s that works for women who are into sex work and this is the target population under this Project’s objectives.
- Processing and Verifying Vendor bills, Invoices/claims as per the set guidelines for this project.
- Ensure to book expenditures as per approved budget/activity code. Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies, and other financial issues.
- Support program staff for making hotel reservations and train/air bookings.
- Support HR and Advocacy Officer for timely submission of attendance records, leave records, and time sheets for processing of salaries/consultancy.
- Verify claims from the volunteers by substantiating supporting documents.
- Processing and verification of staff travel bills and make arrangements for payment.
- Timely payment processing and ensuring accuracy and necessary documentation.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation within the deadline.
- Preparation of Income tax calculation and salary for staff.
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of all periodic financial reports MIS and forecast as per donor and organizational requirements.
- Deduction of
TDS, PF, and Professional Tax from the salary of staff every month
the detailed statement with Finance Manager on due date for submission.
- Ensure all statutory, donor, and organizational compliances are adhered to.
- Ensuring all Procurements with the approval of Project Lead and Co-ordinate with HR and Advocacy Officer.
- Make necessary payment/journal entries in the TALLY and maintain vouchers along with support documents.
- Prepare and submit QFR’s, assisting in internal audits/reviews/project audits and review of fund utilization status.
- Any other task assigned on day-to-day basis.
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Graduate with at least 4-5 years of work experience. An additional qualification in management/ finance/ accounting will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working with Global Fund Grant will be an added advantage.
- Strong computer skills with familiarity with Microsoft Office and accounting software like Tally.
- Experience in budgeting/auditing large/medium complex projects in the development sector.
- Experience in utilizing finance data to track and give inputs into reprogramming and implementation.
- Exemplary verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships and coordinate with a pan-India team based at different locations.
We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with market rate.
The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary:
- Experience of the candidate
- Educational qualifications and people management skills
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter with current and expected salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the specific position in the email subject line.