1. POSITION(S) VACANT: HR & Administration Manager,
The Humsafar Trust, Mumbai
Relevant Sectors: Administration, HR, Management, Accounting/Finance, Procurement
2. Background: Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded the Sub recipient of the Global fund Project, “Reaching the Missing Million – A virtual approach”. This project aims to fast-track national HIV response to reach the first 95 targets, by reaching key populations (high risk groups, at risk adolescents and youth, men, and women with high-risk behaviors) through virtual platforms. It also focuses on community systems strengthening, focusing on the health and human rights of key populations. For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit: https://www.humsafar.org
3. Job Description/Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives for the organisation.
- Implementation and upgrading HR policies and procedures annually
- Induction and Training of Staff/Consultant on policies and processes and coordinate with team leaders for new joiners.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Keep a record of Performance Review, Learning and Development Forms and course enrolments.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees
- Support the end to end recruitment process.
- Create / update job descriptions/ Terms of reference/ Scope of Work.
- Place the jobs for internal applications and with recruitment agencies and/or with other recruitment online portals.
- Shortlist CVs, participate in interviews, as required, Follow up with reference checks. Contact the successful candidate with job offer.
- Coordinate essential requirements for recruitment, onboarding, and termination of full-time, part-time, employees and consultants.
- Handling investigation and resolution of employee grievances and conflicts.
Performance Review and Training and Development:
- Develop methods of measuring if performance management aligns with organizational objectives.
- Coordinate with Team leads to plan the annual staff performance reviews (objective settings/ year-end reviews etc.)
- Need gap analysis and prepare training and development requirements and plan trainings.
- Manage the learning and development requests, and ensure that L&D Forms are completed correctly and have been approved, and that all supporting documents are provided.
Documentation, Reporting and Support during Audit:
- Ensure that the HR master database is regularly updated
- Ensure that staff contact details (home address, telephone numbers, and emergency contact details in case of emergency) are updated on a regular basis.
- File and scan copies of staff performance appraisals. Updates in the corresponding excel file/database.
- Provide HR reports to the Senior Management, as and when required.
- Point of contact for employee consultations with regards to salaries, benefits and other personal queries.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Monitor staff attendance systems (HR MIS) with biometrics setup
- Support in floating RFP for procurement of goods and Services
- Coordinate with the Procurement committee and finalize the procurement action. Issue Purchase order to the vendor and ensure that goods/services are delivered on time.
- Logistics arrangements for conducting any training/workshop and coordinating for staff travel.
- Any other duties assigned.
4. Qualifications/ Expectations
- 5 plus years proven work experience as a HR Manager or HR and Admin Manager
- A minimum of post-graduation in Administration and HR program
- Talent in negotiating and networking with vendors and knowledge of the market. To oversee procurement management.
- Knowledge of minimum two languages
- Planning, prioritizing, and organizing, Problem assessment and problem solving.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Display a clear commitment to community work, carry interpersonal skills to communicate with the community and staff
- Experience of working with the community and relevant field is essential and considered an asset.
- Time Involvement – The H R & Administration Manager will devote 100% time (8 hours x 5 days weekly) to the organization.
- This position will report to the Associate Finance Director
5. Location – MUMBAI
6. Compensation –The following factors will be considered while finalizing compensation:
a) Experience of the candidate
b) Educational qualifications and people management skills
7. Application Process: Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter.
Apply to – Please send the applications to email@example.com, mentioning the specific position ‘HR & Administration Manager’ in the email subject line by 5th July, 2022