Lab Technician, Guwahati, Assam
The Humsafar Trust,
The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-Identified homosexual mem, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons that stared in April 1994. We at The Humsafar Trust, are looking for eligible candidates for the position of Lab Technician, Guwahati, Assam
The Humsafar trust has been awarded CULVER MAX ENTERTAINMENT PRIVATE LIMITED (erstwhile known as SONY PICTURES NETWORKS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED). This Project aims to provide holistic HIV related (prevention and treatment) services to, LGB (Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual (LGB) communities and transgender/hijra women in three states (Maharashtra, Delhi and Assam) across 4 Integrated HIV clinics (Mumbai, Nagpur, Delhi, Guwahati). It also aims to strengthen existing HIV Integrated Clinic which offers holistic services (HIV/STI clinic, mental health and, nutrition counselling and legal Aid support at the HUB, continuum of care and support services for People living with HIV AIDS. The project will also aim to build capacities of clinic staff that will strengthen their work and improve the efficiency of staff for providing quality care services to the communities. It is anticipated that success of this initiative will help us inform the National Program of India about the need to incorporate community-based holistic care and support to address gaps that exist in service delivery for LGB and TG/ Hijra communities and living with HIV in India. The Project will be implemented in partnership with HST’s community partners in the state.
- To provide support to Lab In charge on following matters
- Responsible for conducting HIV/VDRL tests at the clinic laboratory;
- Compile reports and get them signed by the Clinic In-charge;
- Give reports to Counselor/s to be given to clients along with post-test counseling;
- Maintain record of tests conducted;
- Maintain stocks of clinic consumables;
- Give consumables requirements to the office for procurement;
- Overall maintenance of the laboratory; and
- Have monthly meetings with the Programme Manager in coordination with the clinic Coordinator
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Display a clear commitment to the community work.
- Must be a qualified B.Sc (DMLT) / (CMLT)
- Experience of working with the community and relevant field is added incentive
This position is a full-time position and require (8 hours x 5 days every week) to the organization. This position will report to Director – Programs
Compensation package will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th October 2022. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail. Mention your current pay details in the covering note.
Please note that we will not be able to notify all applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be notified about the interview date.