Job Description: Medical Officer
Location: Guwahati, Assam
The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-Identified homosexual mem, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons that stared in April 1994. We at The Humsafar Trust, are looking for eligible candidates for the position of Medical Officer
The Humsafar trust is been awarded Sony Pictures project. This Project aims to provide holistic HIV related (prevention and treatment) services to, LGB (Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual (LGB) communities and transgender/hijra women in three states (Maharashtra, Delhi and Assam) across 4 Integrated HIV clinics (Mumbai, Nagpur, Delhi, Guwahati). It also aims to strengthen existing HIV Integrated Clinic which offers holistic services (HIV/STI clinic, mental health and, nutrition counselling and legal Aid support at the HUB, continuum of care and support services for People living with HIV AIDS.
The project will also aim to build capacities of clinic staff that will strengthen their work and improve the efficiency of staff for providing quality care services to the communities. It is anticipated that success of this initiative will help us inform the national program of India about the need to incorporate community-based holistic care and support to address gaps that exist in service delivery for LGB and TG/ Hijra communities living with HIV in India. The Project will be implemented in partnership with HST’s community partners in the state.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Provide STI/HIV care and support through HST clinic and referral centers
- Ensure procedures for partner treatment
- Maintain patient register, drug register and STI/RTI register
- Check for availability of medicines and inform the clinic in-charge about the same.
- Ensure medicines are within the expiry period and intimate the clinic incharge about the expired medicines.
- Provide necessary treatment and make referrals as required.
- Signing the HIV test reports of the clinic
- Provide training to newly appointed doctors of the TI.
- Make visits when required to Sanjeevani Drop In Center
- Share all epidemiological data on regular basis with the Chairperson/CEO/ Director HIV Programs and clinic and counseling head in strictest confidence.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills required
- Display a clear commitment to community work
- Knowledge of more than one language is preferred
- Communication skills with the community and staff should be excellent
- A minimum of MBBS Degree from a recognized university is required.
- Experience of working with the community and relevant field is added incentive
- knowledge related to gender, sexuality, human rights and HIV/AIDS communication.
The Doctors will devote 50% time (4 hours x 5 days every week) to the organization. The Doctors work with Clinic and Counseling Head but eventually report to the Director HIV Programs.
The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary.
- Will be discussed at the time of interview
- Experience of the candidate
- Educational qualifications and skills of people’s management
- The scale and the number of the projects on which the candidate will be billed.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th October 2022. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail. Mention your current pay details in the covering note.
Please note that we will not be able to notify all applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be notified about the interview date.