JD- Virtual Navigator Mumbai
Reporting to: The Project Officer, West Region
Background: Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded the Sub recipient of the Global fund Project, “Reaching the Missing Million – A virtual approach”. This project aims to fast-track national HIV response to reach first 95 targets, by reaching key populations (high risk groups, at risk adolescents and youth, men, and women with high-risk behaviors) through virtual platforms. It also focuses on community systems strengthening, focusing on the health and human rights of key populations. For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit: https://www.humsafar.org/
The main role of the Virtual Navigator in the NETREACH project in HST is to reach out to key and vulnerable populations on digital platforms with information on health and HIV prevention and to refer those identified with behaviours at risk to STI/HIV infection to offline prevention, care and treatment services. Absolute confidentiality and data privacy norms are to be followed by all Virtual Outreach members of NETREACH.
The Virtual Navigator reports to the Project Officer with dotted line to Regional National Program Managers.
- Virtual Outreach
- Maintain & update lists of Internet dating sites, mobile applications and social media sites such as Grindr, Tinder, Planet Romeo, etc. and social media such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram etc. The VN will register her/himself on as many of these apps & sites.
- The Virtual Navigator will design Project appropriate individual profiles on such sites/apps to reach out to a minimum of 50 new/old profiles (called clients/prospects) daily to provide services and make necessary changes in the modus operandi in consultation with the Project Officer.
- Connect with individual identities on the dating apps & social media through sending information about services available under the NETREACH – project. The target population groups of NETREACH are MSM, FSW, MSW, at risk vulnerable adolescents and youth and online accessing Hijra/TG, IDU, men and women with high-risk behaviours.
- Increase understanding of sexual consent and respect while engaging with online clients.
- To identify online clients who follow behaviour that puts them at risk of contracting HIV/STI infection and disseminate prevention focused BCC such as STI/HIV transmission messages and encourage adoption of safer sex practices to mitigate risks.
- Facilitate the clients to self-assess their risk to HIV/STI, prepare them and appropriately refer the clients to HIV testing services in Government ICTC or collaborative private lab services.
- Guide and help to the clients for booking their appointment in their nearest / convenient Lab for HIV testing by using formal/digitized referral services of NETREACH. Convert internet outreach activities to actual walk-ins to HIV testing centers.
- Follow up with Labs/ ICTC where Clients are referred for HIV test.
- Refer clients who will request for counselling, SRS, crisis support, livelihood and social entitlements to the NETREACH counsellor or further to the Community Champions under CSS for further services.
- Promote NETREACH at as many possible social networking sites.
- Through advocacy gain support of local service providers in government and private sector for effective referral.
- Documentation & reporting
- Assist in enhancing data base of referral services in public sector (NACP) and private sector.
- Complete regular reports and monitoring of work done. Maintain profile, no. wise daily records of the internet outreach activities (Introductory messages sent, follow-up messages sent, queries responded, referrals made etc.).
- Keep all the records, data about a client confidential and safe.
- Participate actively in regional team and Project meetings as and when held for progress updates and experience sharing.
- Skill & knowledge enhancement
- Undertake appropriate training as required within the NETREACH and elsewhere as directed by Project Directors.
- Refer to NACO publications for updated HIV prevention, care and treatment protocols
- Carrying out any of the duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope, and purpose of NETREACH.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies –
Minimum Qualifications and Skills required:
- Qualification up to a minimum Std 12th is essential
- Display a clear commitment to the community work
- Two years of relevant experience in HIV or health care sector.
- Should be internet savvy
- Knowledge of working on social networking sites various net-based forums is mandatory
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to speak and write in English and Hindi; and additional knowledge of other regional languages is a plus.
We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with market rate.
Eligible candidates interested in the above-mentioned position are requested to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae including the names of two references (preferably one should be a current or previous employer), as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Email applications – email@example.com, mentioning the ‘Application for VN position – Location in the email subject line.
Last Date- 27th November 2022