Duration: Up to March 2024
Reports to: Manager- HR and Administration
About the Organization:
The Humsafar Trust Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health, and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded the Sub recipient of the Global fund Project, “Reaching the Missing Million – A virtual approach”. This project aims to fast-track national HIV response to reach first 95 targets, by reaching key populations (high risk groups, at risk adolescents and youth, men, and women with high-risk behaviours) through virtual platforms. It also focuses on community systems strengthening, focusing on the health and human rights of key populations. For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit: https://www.humsafar.org/
- Maintain various registers for inward/outward of posts, inventory etc.
- Keeping office premises clean and tidy and making atmosphere friendly/welcoming along with provide/arrange for tea/coffee for staff and visitors
- Assist to the Manager- HR and Admin in daily activities
- Keep all travel related records and assist in making flight/railway and hotel reservation
- Maintain and update staff attendance and leave records through HRMS along with individual staff records
- Purchase of office related supplies like- stationery, housekeeping, and pantry purchases etc.
and liaising with local vendors.
- Payment and settlement of monthly bills and expenses (like electricity bill, water bill, telephone, and internet etc.) and maintaining payment records.
- Support to Finance Officer and other staff members in filing and arranging records
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
- Display a clear commitment to the community work
- Knowledge of more than one language is preferred
- Communication skills with the community and staff should be strong
- Experience of working with the community and relevant field
- Proficiency in operating computers and MS Office package
- Higher secondary/Junior College
- Minimum one year of experience working in the similar role
Compensation: Remuneration fee will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Eligible candidates interested in the above-mentioned position are requested to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter, including the names of two references (preferably one should be a current or previous employer), as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to email@example.com, mentioning the specific position in the email subject line by 12th September 2022.