The Humsafar Trust has been implementing the Global fund Project, “Reaching the Missing Millions
A virtual approach”. This project aims to accelerate national HIV response to reach first 95 targets, by reaching key populations (High risk groups, at risk adolescents and youth, men and women with high-risk behaviors) through virtual platforms. It also focuses on community systems strengthening focusing on the health and human rights of key populations.
Community Systems Strengthening:
Community Systems Strengthening (CSS) has been a vital part of the program NETREACH. Since inception the program in 2021. The CSS has a strong component of Community Champions (CC) which supports in coordination, mobilization, referrals, and linkages. The POs will provide technical support to Community Champions and other CSS initiatives.
Program Officer – CSS
The Program Officer’s – CSS works in conjunction with other members of the CSS team to build alliances and advocating on community issues. The Program Officer’s will work in close coordination with the CSS – Lead and the CSS implementing partners to ensure the program goals are met.
- Support in CSS Implementation, Coordination & Evaluation in the allocated regions
- Provide supportive supervision to community champions (MSM & FSW)
- To help in coordination with master trainers and felicitate the capacity building of the community champions.
- Plan, conduct, review and evaluate all activities with team to acquire supplementary information as needed by program
- Provide support to the consultants in providing technical assistance to CBOs
- Oversee the implementation of Innovative Seed Grants
- Strengthen networking with other networks, foundations, CBO’s, Civil societies and other relevant organizations to develop grant making and programmatic partnerships and collaborations
- Identify advocacy needs of key populations and organize advocacy consultations with various stakeholders
- Coordinate with SACS and other CSS implementing partners
- Undertake other activities to complement Project NETREACH
- A critical understanding of and deep commitment to social justice and human rights issues facing MSM & FSW communities in India
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar field
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Bachelor’s in Social work or Master’s degree in related field, or equivalent – relaxation for community (MSM & FSW) applicants
- Excellent oral and documentation skills
- Demonstrated interest in a career within the field of MSM & FSW issues, human rights, and commitment to the mission and vision of organization
- English language proficiency required; proficiency in Hindi language preferred, desirable knowledge of regional languages
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Critical thinking skills, ability to problem solve and ability to identify resources
- Ability to work well with key populations at risk for HIV
- Willingness to assume a range of unanticipated tasks and work flexible hours, including some weekends
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office
- Willing to travel extensively
Last date of application: 4th January 2023
Apply at email id : email@example.com