The Humsafar Trust, Mumbai
The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-Identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons that stared in April 1994. We at The Humsafar Trust, are looking for eligible candidates for the position of Programme Manager
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded CULVER MAX ENTERTAINMENT PRIVATE LIMITED (erstwhile known as SONY PICTURES NETWORKS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED). This Project aims to provide holistic HIV related (prevention and treatment) services to, LGB (Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual (LGB) communities and transgender/hijra women in three states (Maharashtra, Delhi and Assam) across 4 Integrated HIV clinics (Mumbai, Nagpur, Delhi, Guwahati). It also aims to strengthen existing HIV Integrated Clinic which offers holistic services (HIV/STI clinic, mental health and, nutrition counselling and legal Aid support at the HUB, continuum of care and support services for People living with HIV AIDS. The project will also aim to build capacities of clinic staff that will strengthen their work and improve the efficiency of staff for providing quality care services to the communities. It is anticipated that success of this initiative will help us inform the National Program of India about the need to incorporate community-based holistic care and support to address gaps that exist in service delivery for LGB and TG/ Hijra communities and living with HIV in India. The Project will be implemented in partnership with HST’s community partners in the state.
- Program Manager works with the agency/project director to plan, implement the project activities and achieve the project targets.
- Review and analysis the project specific plans and priorities, reports and other relevant information.
- Work in close collaboration with project partners in India to design and revise project annual work plans. Maintain the project work plan updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes.
- Be responsible for implementation of activities on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators. Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas. Check data quality with partners.
- Ensure the effective management of the budget assigned to project activities in India.
- Support the selection and hiring of external collaborators for project activities in India, as well as in the review of the products as required.
- Prepare briefs, provide inputs to project technical reports and updates regarding activities implemented in India, as scheduled and upon request. Provide inputs to the project mid-term and final evaluations.
- Support the development of innovative tools and approaches; as well as supporting research activities to collect data and analyze good practices in the various technical areas covered by the project.
- Closely be in touch with the key stakeholders & Clinic team and ensure that their outputs are in sync with the approved work plan
- Provide input and guidance to leadership team on matters of program expansion and strategic growth
- This will involve advance planning, coordination with other stakeholders, development of outcome documents, social media engagement etc.
- Plan Strategies to address the sociological, psychological and medical factors that increase their vulnerability to HIV along with community people.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the project will be done through monthly reporting and activity specific reports and documentation will be done by Programme Manager.
- Capacity Building of team and partners to get optimum results from team.
- Minimum Qualifications and Skills required
- Commitment to community work
- Knowledge of minimum two languages are preferred,
- Strong Interpersonal skills to communicate at different levels of society
- At least 3-5 years of management experience in health or development sectors.
- Intensive experience in managing HIV prevention, care, support and treatment programmes
- Demonstrated knowledge base and documentation skills in relation to gender, sexuality, human rights and HIV/AIDS communication.
- A postgraduate or equivalent degree from a reputed university or institute, preferably in social sciences or public health.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a complex, multicultural environment, with demonstrated leadership, communication, networking and presentation capabilities.
Willingness to travel extensively within India for planning and implementation of the project activities.
This position is a full-time position and require (8 hours x 5 days every week) to the organization. This position will report to Director – Programs
Compensation package will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24th July 2022. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail. Mention your current pay details in the covering note.
Please note that we will not be able to notify all applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be notified about the interview date.