Position Open: Program Officer- Community System Strengthening (PO-CSS)
Location: Delhi – North Region
Reporting To: Lead -CSS
Last date to apply: August 10,2023
The Humsafar Trust has been implementing the Global fund Project, “Reaching the Missing Millions A virtual approach”. This project aims to accelerate national HIV response to reach first 95 targets, by reaching key populations (High risk groups, at risk adolescents and youth, men and women with high-risk behaviors) through virtual platforms. It also focuses on community systems strengthening focusing on the health and human rights of key populations.
Community Systems Strengthening:
Community Systems Strengthening (CSS) has been a vital part of the program NETREACH. Since inception the program in 2021. The CSS has a strong component of Community Champions (CC) which supports in coordination, mobilization, referrals, and linkages. The Program Officer (PO) will provide technical support to Community Champions and other CSS initiatives.
Program Officer – CSS (North Region)
The Program Officer’s – CSS works in conjunction with other members of the CSS team to build alliances and advocating on community issues. The Program Officer’s will work in close coordination with the CSS – Lead and the CSS implementing partners to ensure the program goals are met. The PO (Delhi Region) would be responsible for Northern Region.
- End to end management of the Community Champions training program
- Provide supportive supervision to Community Champions (MSM & FSW)
- To help in coordination with master trainers and felicitate the capacity building of the Community Champions.
- Plan, conduct, review and evaluate all activities with team to acquire supplementary information as needed by program.
- Oversee the implementation of Innovative Seed Grants
- Coordinate with SACS and other CSS implementing partners.
- Undertake other activities to complement Project NETREACH
- A critical understanding of and deep commitment to social justice and human rights issues facing MSM & FSW communities in India.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar field
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including financial management.
- Bachelor’s in social work or Master’s degree in related field, or equivalent – relaxation for community (MSM & FSW) applicants
- Excellent oral and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Critical thinking skills, ability to problem solve and ability to identify resources.
- Ability to work well with key populations at risk for HIV.
- Willingness to assume a range of unanticipated tasks and work flexible hours, including some weekends.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and Excel
- Willing to travel extensively.
We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with the market rate.
Eligible candidates interested in the above-mentioned position are requested to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter, as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Application Deadline – August 10,2023
Email applications at firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the ‘Application for “PO-CSS, Delhi” in the email subject line.