Position Title: Project Coordinator
Duration of the contract: 6 Months
Reports to: Advocacy Officer
Last Date to Apply: October 16,2023
Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras, and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and the Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organizes advocacy workshops for health care providers, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, and student community to sensitize them on Gay, MSM, and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded a Global Fund Project as a sub-recipient(SR) to PLAN India to build a strong, sustainable, and resilient mechanism to address the needs of the key population through a community response. The proposed project focuses on creating an enabling environment by addressing structural barriers including stigma and discrimination that affect access to HIV related services and social entitlements. The project would be implemented in hard-to-reach areas and would target the unreached population. Through this project, we also aim to provide access to HIV related services, and social protection services and link them with skill development opportunities to unreached FSW, MSM, and TG populations through a people-centered, community-specific HIV-SRH service delivery model in the intervention districts.
Azaad Titliyan is a grassroots collective with a powerful vision: to create a society that is free from the shackles of stigma and discrimination, particularly for marginalized women and transwomen. This collective passionately advocates for the acknowledgment of sex work as a legitimate occupation and strives to protect the dignity of those involved. Azaad Titliyan operates on a national scale in India, diligently working to secure the civil and human rights of individuals engaged in sex work, regardless of whether it’s in traditional or virtual forms.
Azaad Titliyan will be working with The Humsafar Trust as a collective of prospective CBO’s that works for women who are into sex work and this is the target population under this Project’s objectives.
- Project coordinator will primarily be responsible for the overall implementation of the project.
- Lead, support and manage the development and implementation of various program plans and budgets.
- Promoting innovation and documentation of good practices in HIV/AIDS programming for community members.
- Schedule monthly/quarterly meetings in coordination with Project Manager for the Project staff to ensure data analysis and use for program inputs.
- Responsible for collating monthly reports from the TI NGO’s and submit to donor agency by the 1st week of every month.
- Need to work along with other team members in preparing and submitting necessary reports to Principal Partner on timely basis, and coordinate with the said authorities.
- Need to monitor, review, and evaluate the progress and impact of the programme.
- Any other task as assigned by reporting supervisor/manager.
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- A Graduate degree, preferably in social sciences, development studies, public health etc.
- At least 2-3 years of management experience in health or development sectors.
- Intensive experience in managing HIV prevention, care, support and treatment programmes.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to communicate at different levels of society
- Commitment to community work
- Experience of working in a Project with multiple stakeholders shall be an added advantage.
We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with market rate.
The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary:
- Experience of the candidate
- Educational qualifications and people management skills
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter with current and expected salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to email@example.com, mentioning the specific position in the email subject line.