(Last Date to Apply: Sunday,18th September 2022)
POSITION(S) VACANT: Program Manager, TRANScend 2.0
BACKGROUND: Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
TRANScend is an initiative by The Humsafar Trust which aims to enhance socio- economic inclusion of transgender persons in India. TRANScend, as an initiative, is committed to encouraging greater community ownership, facilitating partnerships between the community and various stakeholders like corporates, educational institutes, judiciary, bureaucrats and providing a platform for addressing the ever- evolving needs of the transgender community through ongoing research and intervention. This project focuses on enhancing economic resilience of transgender persons in India.
- Primarily responsible for the overall implementation of the project as the focal point of contact to the donor.
- Lead, support and manage the development and implementation of various program activities (including skilling of transgender persons, community mobilization, resource mobilization, networking with various corporates for workplace inclusion and placements of transgender persons and advocacy with social welfare agencies for social entitlements)
- Promoting innovation and documentation of good practices
- Networking with other community-based organizations and groups and facilitate community-led activities aligned with project deliverables
- Development and implementation of effective monitoring, review and evaluation strategies and activities for the program against agreed project deliverables.
- Identifying training needs of the community and the TRANScend team and implement training programmes to strengthen their capacities
- Provide required support to the program team while implementing project.
- Preparing Quarterly and Annual Project updates as required by the donor
- Conduct periodic review of entire project. Handhold support and ensure project target & responsibilities fulfilled.
- Assist the Advocacy Manager in designing, planning, and implementing advocacy plans, programs and implementation of capacity building initiatives.
- Any other job or related task as determined by the Team Lead
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES, AND COMPETENCIES
- A clear commitment towards advocating for rights and inclusion of transgender persons
- Proficiency in English and Hindi, Marathi and/or Telugu
- Post-Graduate degree in Social Sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 2years of experience in program management
- Experience of working on gender or queer rights will be preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and prioritize workload
- Demonstrate leadership skills to lead the project team
LOCATION: Mumbai, Maharashtra
TIME INVOLVEMENT: It is a full-time position. The time involvement of Project Manager is 100% percent.
CONTRACT: Fixed short-term contract for 6 months and will be renewed based on funding availability and project requirement.
COMPENSATION OFFERED: We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with market rate. The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary:
- Experience of the candidate
- Educational qualifications and people management skills
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter, including the names of two references (preferably one should be a current or previous employer), as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to email@example.com, mentioning the specific position in the email subject line. The deadline for sending in your application is 18th September 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.