Locations: for 2 locations – Mumbai and Chennai
Duration: Up to March 2024
Reports to: Regional Program Manager
Last Date to apply: 12th September, 2022
Relevant Sectors: Administration, Management, Project management, HIV/AIDS, Health
About the Organization:
The Humsafar Trust Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons.
The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health, and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded the Sub recipient of the Global fund Project, “Reaching the Missing Million – A virtual approach”. This project aims to fast-track national HIV response to reach first 95 targets, by reaching key populations (high risk groups, at risk adolescents and youth, men, and women with high-risk behaviours) through virtual platforms. It also focuses on community systems strengthening, focusing on the health and human rights of key populations. For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit: https://www.humsafar.org/
- Responsible for implementing the project as approved in consultation with the Regional Programme Manager and Project Director.
- Oversee functioning of the Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Visiting referral Labs for collecting data of the client and organising meeting with the lab in-charge as and when require for smoothly implementing the project.
- Providing basic counselling to the clients on HIV if required
- Make reports of meetings and personally prepare and submit reports (programme) to the Programme Manager and Technical Director on monthly basis.
- Discuss the emerging needs and challenges with Regional Programme Manager as and when required.
- Have fortnightly update meetings with Programme Manager and Technical Director and brief them on
- Assist Programme Manager in recruiting staff and coordinating training, supervision and support
- Identify staff training needs and implement training program to strengthen capacities
- Organising Advocacy and networking meeting with the Community champions
- Implement the internal monitoring of the project appropriately
- Monitoring and Supporting Outreach worker and Counsellor
- Assist Consultants and Programme Manager in documenting project experiences and lessons learnt from the project
Qualifications, Skills Required
- Graduates preferred.
- Display a clear commitment to community work.
- Knowledge of working on social networking sites various net-based forums is mandatory
- Fluency in at least three languages in desirable
- Communication skills with the community should be excellent Educational
- Qualifications up to a minimum of Graduate
- Ability to speak, write in English and Regional Languages
Compensation: Remuneration fee will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application procedure & Deadline:
Eligible candidates interested in the above-mentioned position are requested to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter, including the names of two references (preferably one should be a current or previous employer), as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the Project Officer position (and location applied for) in the email subject line by 12th September 2022.