(Last Date to Apply: Friday, 15th July 2022)
POSITION(S) VACANT: Recruitment officer, TRANScend 2.0
BACKGROUND: Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organizes advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitize them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
TRANScend is an initiative by The Humsafar Trust which aims to enhance socio- economic inclusion of transgender persons in India. TRANScend, as an initiative, is committed to encouraging greater community ownership, facilitating partnerships between the community and various stakeholders like corporates, educational institutes, judiciary, bureaucrats and providing a platform for addressing the ever- evolving needs of the transgender community through ongoing research and intervention. This project focuses on enhancing economic resilience of transgender persons in India.
Working in accordance with the job responsibilities as defined in The Humsafar Trust Human Resources Policy and with support and supervision provided by the Project Manager/ Project Director / Chief Executive Officer
- Maintain the recruitment tracker completely. Provide support to fill the MIS. Handhold support to Project target & responsible for the overall numerical reporting with regards to recruitment drive & job fair.
- Constant support in CV collection, CV & covering letter development. Mapping/ segregation it as per their aspiration.
- Approach new employer & organize sensitization workshops, roundtable discussions and facilitate recruitment process.
- Collection of JD from the prospective employers & timely submission of CV to said employers.
- Poster creation, press release related work & policy review work etc.
- Support in development and implementation of effective monitoring, review and evaluation strategies and activities for the program against agreed project deliverables.
- Identifying emerging needs and challenges of the community and plan activities aligned with project deliverables.
- Support the project manager in writing the reports and work along with other team members in preparing and submitting necessary reports to Principal agency. On timely basis and coordinating with the said authorities for various programs.
- Networking with other community-based organizations and groups and facilitate community-led activities aligned with project deliverables
- Organize the regional advocacy events in collaboration with local CBO partners and increase the organizational visibility.
- Maintain minutes of meeting & filling of letters at respective authorities.
- Any other job or related task as determined by the HST Director Programs/Advocacy Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES, AND COMPETENCIES
- A clear commitment towards advocating for rights and inclusion of transgender persons
- Proficiency in English and Hindi, Marathi or Telugu
- Graduate related discipline with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in program management
- Computer skills especially using word, excel, power point.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with excellent communication skills: verbal, written, listening, presentation and facilitation
- Experience of working on gender or queer rights will be preferred
- Ability to analyze and prioritize workload
LOCATION: Hyderabad, Telangana
TIME INVOLVEMENT: It is a full-time position. The time involvement of Recruitment Officer is 100% percent.
CONTRACT: Fixed short-term contract for 9 months and will be renewed based on funding availability and project requirement.
COMPENSATION OFFERED: We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with market rate. The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary:
- Experience of the candidate
- Educational qualifications and people management skills
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter, including the names of two references (preferably one should be a current or previous employer), as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the specific position in the email subject line. The deadline for sending in your application is 15th July 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.