RFP- HST- BELIEVE-MV001
|General Area of work||Creation of a Soundtrack and a Music Video for the same, which are based on the traditional folk music of different Gharanas of Transgender communities. To preserve the cultural history of the Hijra culture and their musical instruction.|
|Days of Work||60 (1st December 2023 – 31st January 2024)|
|Deliverable Due||In accordance with the attached timeline below|
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE:
The Organization, “The Humsafar Trust, ” is registered in the Public Trust’s Registry Office in the Department of Public Trusts, Mumbai under the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 (Bombay Act No. 29 of 1950).
The Humsafar Trust (HST) is a community-based organization (CBO) working on health and human rights of LGBTQ since 1994. The key focus of our work includes health and human rights, besides HIV prevention and mental health programs.
To enhance social inclusivity and acceptance of LGBTQ+ communities in India: In 2019 Government of India introduced the Transgender Person Protection Act 2019, and further took a step forward towards protecting equal rights and legal protections of transgender persons by introducing the Transgender Person Rules 2020. The Rules specify the process for transgender persons to apply for a Certificate of Identity and how such a certificate will be issued to them. While this ruling has been a landmark victory in the pursuit of equal rights for the Transgender community in India, there is a long way to go when it comes to developing rational and accepting attitudes towards sexuality and gender in the larger society, The absence of which continues to result in large gaps in accessing welfare services that need to be addressed. Thus, the overall goal of the proposed project is to improve the inclusivity and acceptance of LGBTQ+ persons—at ground-level institutions like corporations, educational institutions, and bureaucratic offices and create an environment of acceptance within families to facilitate access to education and wider acceptance within the family of trans/Hijra persons as well as to create the possibility for transgender communities to flourish and take full advantage of the protections promised to them in the NALSA judgment and Transgender Protection Act 2019.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE ACTIVITY:
Promote the social inclusion and acceptance of Transgender/Hijra Identities through Music as tool. The Transgender/Hijra community has been a part of Indian society since times immemorial. However, colonization and greater emphasis on hetero normativity in the society challenged the stand and status of Hijras and contributed to their neglect. The Hijra community is highly structured and organized as an alternate family. Hijras can be considered as the western equivalent of transgender/transsexual (male-to-female) persons, but ‘Hijras’ has a long tradition/culture and have strong social ties formalized through a ritual called “reet” (becoming a member of the Hijra community). There are regional variations in the use of terms referred to as ‘Hijras’; for example, Kinnars (Delhi) and Aravanis (Tamil Nadu). In India, the transgender communities are diversified into cultural identities such as Jogti, Aardi & Hijra communities. Different cultural identities are visible in various parts of the region. Trans communities have always expressed/represented themselves using an expression like Clapping, Folk dance, and musical instruments. Every musical instrument and expression has significance and history to its actions. The community people use different instruments to express their emotions. Through this intervention, we aim to preserve the cultural history of the Hijra culture and their musical instruction in the form of audio.
Produce a Music track and Music Video for the same. – For LGBTQ+ Visibility aspect based on the traditional folk music of different Gharanas.
Promote the social inclusion and acceptance of Transgender/Hijra Identities through Music as a tool.
THE SCOPE OF WORK FOR THE CONSULTANT WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS:
- The consultant will develop a song/ music track that is based on identified themes and is an original work (not derivative of pre-existing popular content or any copyrighted materials)
- The consultant will develop a concept note and story board for the Music Video on the identified themes and will be responsible for its execution.
- The consultant will be responsible for the implementation and produce/submit pieces of work on the agreed-upon theme.
- The consultant is expected to provide regular updates and seek final approval on all creative choices for the work made during the implementation of the project.
- The consultant is expected to acknowledge the support of The Humsafar Trust and BELIEVE in their work.
- The consultant is expected to work on English subtitles of the video and share the final product in two versions: With subtitles and without subtitles to The Humsafar Trust.
- The consultant is expected to submit 2 versions of the music track and music video that is a mixed track version along an unmixed track version.
- The consultant will be responsible for submitting the final product(s) within specified deadlines.
- All the produced materials will be under the ownership and purview of The Humsafar Trust, and the consultant shall not share or publish them with any third parties.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience in health, sexual orientation gender identity, and human rights issues.
- Working experience with LGBTQ+ will be an advantage.
- Applicants have to submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and present and permanent contact address.
- Sound knowledge of LGBTQ+ and their challenges will be considered as an asset.
BUDGET: The consultant will receive a fixed amount of INR 200,000 (Rupees Two Lakh Only), provided after the successful completion of the selection process.
The above-mentioned amount will be paid in 3 instalments:
- 20% in the first month of the project.
- 40% at the submission of the first draft of the work.
- 40% upon successful completion of video.
After the project, the short films will be disseminated by The Humsafar Trust on their social media handles.
EVALUATION OF THE TECHNICAL PROPOSAL
- One-page value statement indicating the suitability to carry out the assignment. (20 points)
- A Financial budget break up. (10 points)
- Last 1-2 years and ongoing assignment/project details with results that are relevant/semi-relevant to the proposed assignment. (20 points)
- A detailed proposal as mentioned in the Scope of Work with a work plan. (30 points)
- Detailed CV/ Profile of the consultant/individual along with References of clients with projects concluded in a similar capacity (20 points)
The proposal should be submitted over email as a pdf document named “Technical Proposal”. Please mention in the subject line RFP-HST-FK – BELIEVE-MV001
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE PROPOSAL
The application must be submitted along with all supportive documents on or before 26th November 2023 by 5:00 PM on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Produced Music track which is original and free of any pre-existing tracks or copyrighted materials (Mixed and Unmixed Versions)
- Music video 2 versions (with and without subtitles)
- Music video with the produced music track. (Mixed and Unmixed Versions)
|Duration of Project||2 Months (1st December 2023 – 31st January 2024 )|
|Duration of the Video||Approx 5 Minutes|
|Number of days||60 Days|
The technical and financial proposal should include:
- Deliverables and Timeline
- Detailed Budget
Contact information i) name; ii) postal address; iii) telephone/Fax; iv) email address
Financial and Technical proposals are to be submitted separately.