(Last Date to Apply: 23rd December 2022)
POSITION(S) VACANT: Salon Manager
BACKGROUND: Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
Under the EpiC project, The Humsafar Trust will set-up a TG-led Beauty Salon as a social enterprise. The transgender-salon will serve as a full-service ‘beauty salon social enterprise’ led by the transgender community. The purpose is to provide high quality, stigma free services for transgender persons and public at large. This business plan is supported by FHI 360 EpiC project. The salon will be a safe space for the TG community members in Kalyan in the outskirts of Mumbai.
- Overseeing daily salon operations
- Monitoring salon supplies and equipment and ordering new stock as needed
- Arrange for regular maintenance services for all equipment
- Apply hygiene practices across all beauty stations
- Ensure all beauty treatments meet high-quality standards
- Maintain staff records, including salaries and working schedules
- Promote services, products, and branding on social media
- Processing clients’ payments, tracking all transactions and maintaining accurate financial records
- Keep updated records of costs and revenues (e.g., daily, monthly, and quarterly)
- Creating promotional material to attract new clients.
- Addressing and resolving client complaints regarding salon services and employee behaviour.
- Ensuring that the salon is always clean and well-maintained
- Monitor the application of the safety standards of the salon and legal regulations
- Monthly update meeting with The Humsafar trust and Kinnar Asmita
- Liaise with The Humsafar Trust, Kinnar Asmita, SATTVA, and FHI360.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES, AND COMPETENCIES
Proficiency in English and Hindi, Marathi
Having 2-3 years of experience in handling salon operation
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proven work experience in Haircare & as a Beauty expert, ensuring great hospitality to customers & building Client relationships.
Good knowledge of all Hair & Beauty treatments and products (e.g. Colours, Hair treatments, Mani/Pedi & Skincare)
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to handle customers’ requests and complaints with grace
LOCATION: Kalyan, Maharashtra
TIME INVOLVEMENT: It is a full-time position. The time involvement of the Salon Manager is 100% per cent.
CONTRACT: Fixed short-term contract for 9 months and will be renewed based on funding availability and project requirement. 8 months starting from Jan 2023 to August 2023
COMPENSATION OFFERED: We are an equal-pay employer. The compensation offered is at par with the market rate. The following factors will be considered while finalizing the salary:
Experience of the candidate:
Educational qualifications and people management skills
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting cover letter, including the names of two references (preferably one should be a current or previous employer), as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to email@example.com, mentioning the ‘SALON MANAGER’ position in the email subject line.
The deadline for sending in your application is 23rd December 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.