Title: Social Media Specialist
Organization: The Humsafar Trust, Mumbai
Work Experience: 3+ years’ experience (digital communications/marketing role)
The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified gay men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. HST organizes advocacy workshops for health care providers, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, Government bodies, media, and student community to sensitize them on Gay, MSM and TG issues.
Along with legal support, crisis management, mental health, and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its Inhouse clinics.
For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit https://www.humsafar.org/
Project NETREACH Overview
The Humsafar Trust has embarked on a three-year HIV intervention project that aims to reach out to the high-risk, key population by virtual outreach. This virtual population needs to be brought into the ambit of the National HIV intervention programs. The project is supported by The Global Fund (GFTAM) and the Principal Recipient is India HIV/AIDS Alliance.
Communications and Project NETREACH
The goal of the communications campaign is to execute a pan-India HIV Awareness campaign for Project NETREACH, while increasing Reach, Social Behavioural Change across online platforms and keeping the Project objective in focus which has the potential to have a significant impact on creating health-seeking behaviour, to increase the demand of services.
The goal of the communication campaign is to motivate people to get tested, promote access to treatment, link to care and support and reduce stigma and discrimination.
As a social media specialist, you will manage the online presence, branding and digital PR for Project NETREACH on social media platforms and any emerging media.
The role requires the following skill sets:
- Multi-skilled to handle both social media management, paid advertising, and creation of static and video content.
- Targeting selected audiences through researching keywords
- Must have experience in conducting paid social media campaigns, analysing posts for effectiveness and engagement, and monitoring channels. Managing campaign budgets & adjusting bids to optimize the ROI
- Maintain and monitor keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics.
- Keep an eye on the engagement rate of each post and campaign
- Moderate, review and respond to comments
- Handle webinars, Community interviews and social media resource/podcast sessions and influencer management based on theme/monthly plans
- Ability to write, think and work quickly without losing focus.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism while managing sensitive issues.
Qualifications and skills:
- 3+ years’ experience in a digital communications/marketing role
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing/ digital communications/ PR / Mass Communications
- Google or any other accredited certification in relevant areas related to the field
- Design skills (knowledge of Adobe Suite and Canva a plus) and effective writing skills desired
- Understanding of digital marketing concepts
- Experience with multiple platforms, e.g. AdWords, Facebook.
- Analytically minded
- Knowledge of Hootsuite and other platforms used for social media campaigns.
- Good knowledge of the selected market and customer segments would be an advantage.
E-mail your CV and a Cover letter defining why you are the best fit for this role – to email@example.com, with the subject as “Social Media Specialist”.
Share examples of your work in a PPT, and also mention any links or screenshots is applicable.
Application Deadline: 30th December 2022