Organization: The Humsafar Trust, Mumbai
Work Experience: 3+ years
The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified gay men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. HST organizes advocacy workshops for health care provisioners, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitize them on Gay, MSM and TG issues.
Along with legal support, crisis management, mental health, and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its Inhouse clinics.
For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit https://www.humsafar.org/
Project NETREACH Overview
The Humsafar Trust has embarked on a three-year HIV intervention project that aims to reach out to the high- risk, key population by virtual outreach. This virtual population needs to be brought in the ambit of the National HIV intervention programs. The project is supported by The Global Fund (GFTAM) and the Principal Recipient is India HIV/AIDS Alliance.
Communications and Project NETREACH
The goal of the communications campaign is to execute a pan-India HIV Awareness campaign for Project NETREACH, while increasing Reach, Social Behavioural Change across online platforms and keeping the Project objective in focus which has the potential to have significant impact in creating health-seeking behaviour, to increase the demand of services.
- promote access to treatment
- link to care and support
- address stigma and discrimination
- bust myths with regards to HIV and STI
As a social media specialist, you will manage the online presence, branding and digital PR for Project NETREACH on social media platforms and any emerging media. You will be reporting to the Communication Manager.
The role requires the following skill sets:
- Multi-skilled to handle both social media management, knowledge of paid advertising, design of static and video content.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Create, schedule, and post content (written posts, images, graphics, and video)
- Must have experience in conducting paid social media campaigns, analyse posts for effectiveness and engagement, and monitor channels.
- Managing campaign budgets & adjusting bids to optimize the ROI
- Experience in optimising budgets, bidding and online advertising understand of App Marketing.
- Maintain and monitor keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics.
- Targeting selected audiences through researching keywords
- Ability to create/design simple creatives and videos for social media
- Set up and optimize organisation pages within each platform to increase the visibility of its social content
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Keep an eye on the engagement rate of each post and campaign
- Producing engaging, clear & concise copy for campaigns and campaign notes for paid ads.
- Moderate, review and respond to comments
- Manage webinars, Community interviews and social media sessions and influencer management based on theme/monthly plans
- Ability to write, think and work quickly without losing focus.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism while managing sensitive issues.
- Demonstrate personal ownership and accountability.
- Show empathy while providing thoughtful and prompt resolutions.
- 3+ years’ experience in a digital communications/marketing role
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing/ digital communications/ PR / Mass Communications
- Google or any other accredited certification in relevant areas related to the field
- Strong Design skills (knowledge of Adobe Suite and Canva) and effective writing skills desired
- Understanding of digital marketing concepts
- Experience with multiple platforms, e.g. AdWords, Facebook.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics or similar analytical tools
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Analytically minded
- Knowledge of Hootsuite and other platforms used for social media campaigns.
- Good knowledge of the selected market and customer segments would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills which encourage and promotes enthusiasm and team spirit.
E-mail your CV and a Cover letter to: email@example.com, with the subject as “Social Media Specialist”. If you would like to share examples of your work, please mention the links in your CV
Application Deadline: 18th July 2022