Umang LBT Support Group
Umang is the LBT Support Group of The Humsafar Trust, based in Mumbai. We provide community support spaces to Lesbian women, Bisexual women and Trans*persons (LBT). Our services include mental health counselling, legal support, community support and events. Umang organizes monthly events for the LBT community. We have workshops, social events, get togethers and games- called ‘Chill Outs’- meetings with no agenda!
We also have a helpline whereby we accept counselling calls from Monday to Friday 10.00 am to 8.30 pm. The helpline number is 9930095856. You can call or Whatsapp us and stay up to date on our activities and events.
We can also add you to our Whatsapp group after a verification process. Call us to know more.
- Queer Premier League (QPL) – Annual Cricket Tournament for LBT persons and allies.
- Pankh – Annual LBT themed film festival
- Chill Outs – Fortnightly/ Monthly gathering
- Palentine’s Day – Valentine’s Day celebration minus the pressures of finding a valentine
Our other networks
We are on social media channels as well. You can reach out to us on any of our handles.
- Instagram- Check out our latest event photos and updates, or direct message to get in touch – https://www.instagram.com/umanglbt/
- Facebook Page- Find out updates about our events – https://www.facebook.com/umanglbt/
- Secret Facebook Group- Flip Side with over 300 members (Add the Umang LBT Persons Facebook Profile to be added on the secret group).
- Umang LBT Support Group, Facebook Profile – https://www.facebook.com/umanglbtpersons
Umang was set up in 2010 as a dedicated safe space for lesbian, bisexual women and female-to-male-trans-persons (LBT). Currently, Umang works in the capacity of a collective that is managed, supported, and attended by LBT individuals. Umang was established following a need for LBT individuals to address issues pertaining to sexuality, societal/family pressure, relationships and health as well as seek peer support.